Holidays season is the most profitable period for retail sales. Season starts after haloween and culminates in the New Year's Eve.
Holiday season statistics are:
- 74% of retailers say 20% or more of their annual sales occur during the holiday season
- 46% of holiday browsing and buying will take place online
It is expected that this year over 50% of online sales will be made through mobile devices.
To improve marketing strategy during holiday season is useful to know the following statistics for email marketing.
- 91% marketers use email marketing to reach consumers during holiday season.
- In 2014 email marketing was the main sales and consumer attraction channel.
- 66% of users check their email via mobile phones.
- 85% of consumers believe that a voucher e-mail will affect them positively to purchase.
- 78% of users expect promotional e-mail and the proposals of shops to decide.
- 8 out of 10 users signing up for newsletter’s list will make a purchase-based on received e-mail.
- A 88% increase in ROI is expected when 2 promotional emails are sent in a day during holiday season.
What about the Social Media, how they affect consumers?
- 51% of consumers will use Social Media to look for gift ideas
- 50% will be surf Social Media to find deals and discounts
- 13% of buyers will search information from Facebook's posts for shopping ideas
- Respectively 8.8% on Pinterest
- 40% of SMEs use Social Media to promote products and services
It is important to mention that shipping costs is one of the main desicion criteria in store selection.